The Lord is my Shepherd - Part 6 - Grace Evangelical church in Hamilton



Pastor Kevin Gore is the pastor at Grace Evangelical Church in Hamilton, New Zealand. Pastor Kevin is doing a series “The Lord is my shepherd” and this sermon is a part of the series and mainly focuses on verse 6, “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever”.
Jesus sheppard

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He leads me besides still water. He restores my soul and leads me in the path of righteousness for his name sake. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemy. You anoint my head with oil. My cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Wonderful Psalm and this morning we come to the final message on this series “The Lord is my shepherd”. Our focus will be on verse 6 on this Psalm “Surely goodness and mercy shall Follow me all the days of my Life”.

It is believed that David wrote this Psalm on the latter days of His life. Which means as David looked back on his life, 70 years back, David lived for 70 years, out of which he reigned as King of Israel for 40 years. David had a wealth of experience of good and bad and being a man after God’s own heart. God had taken David from being a shepherd’s boy to be the King of Israel. God had given victory to David. God gave David great wealth and great fame. Under David reign Israel became a great nation. And when David committed adultery, God corrected David and punished him, but God never left David or forsake him. Throughout his whole life, goodness and mercy has followed David. David was also aware of the promises of God and the covenant he had made with the people of Israel and he knew that they were everlasting promises. When God makes a promise, he always keeps it, he never fails and he never forgets his promises. God is faithful.

Psalm 103:17 says,
“But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children.”
My brothers and sisters, the covenant which God made to the David and the people of Israel are just as applicable to us today as it was to David and the Israelites 3000 year ago. Because God has promised to all who believes in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, God has promised everlasting life, and God cannot lie.

He has promised us an inheritance with our Lord Jesus, in the new heaven and earth.
Just like David, every Christian believer, should say with full assurance that surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.
But I want to ask you that question?
Do you have that assurance in your heart? Do you have that confident that goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life?
Well I want to assure you that you have the favor of God in your life and Goodness and Merch shall follow you all the days of your life, because of what Jesus did on the cross for all of us.

Our Eternal Home!

Our Lord Jesus said, I go to prepare a place for you.

Revelation 21:1-2 says,

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
So, this place which God has prepared for those who love him is extremely beautiful like a bridge prepared for his husband.

Apostle John in Revelation 21 described the new Jerusalem as glowing as the glorious colors of jasper and in Gold and sapphire and many other previous stones.  
Isaiah says the new Jerusalem will be a place of great rejoicing and joy, Everlasting Joy. There will be no weeping or crying there and death will be no more. Those present in that wonderful place, will build house and dwell in them. Plant vineyards and ear the fruit of them and they shall enjoy the works of the hands. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw. There will no wickedness, no anger, no violent, no wars, no fighting, but complete peace and joy.
Only whose names are in the book of life, will be present.

This will be our eternal beautiful home, where we will rule and reign with our Lord Jesus Christ 😊

If you are reading or watching the above video and you don’t know Jesus and haven’t given your life to Jesus. It’s never too late.
If you want to give your life to Jesus and make him your Lord and Saviour, please say this prayer audibly.

Lord Jesus, I repent of my sins, I believe that you died for me and forgave my sins and rose again on the third day, come into my heart, I make you my Lord and Saviour.

If you have said the prayer above, you are born again. You have made Jesus your Lord and Saviour. Awesome. Congratulations 😊 You are a new person now. Everything old has passed away. Everything in your life has become new because of Jesus Amen.

Thank you for reading this sermon. Hope you’ve been blessed and encouraged. If you’re looking for churches in Hamilton, NZ, we recommended Grace Evangelical Church in Hamilton.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of Churches in Hamilton - [Updated May 2018]

About Grace Evangelical Church in Hamilton

Why on Earth am I here for?